Tina and Salon girls ~ The Father continues to bless my friendship with Tina and graciously gives me the ability to understand her. I am always thankful for my time with her and the sweet conversations we have. She is most definitely the direct answer to many pr@yers. I also went back to the salon this week to just visit with the ladies there. We had a fun time chatting and drinking chai together. Please continue to lift up Tina and these ladies and opportunities to share the truth with them.
Rajani ~ Rajani is our helper and we really have to come to love her. She comes everyday and cooks lunch for us between our classes. She is an AmAzInG cook! Occasionally she is even so inclined to clean for us, but not very often:) I have several funny stories about her but will save those for another day. Last Thursday was her birthday and she hinted for a couple of weeks she wanted us to make an American treat for her. She was very happy to come to our house and find brownies waiting for her.
She also came over on Sunday (her day off) to bring her daughter and cook lunch for us all to eat together.
Post Office Adventures ~ I have been waiting to receive a package from a friend from home for about a month now. More than likely the package was delivered to my old address when no one was home and some postman is enjoying my treats from the States. Nonetheless, I ventured to the post office to see if I could find it. I will admit I was not looking forward to this potential cultural nightmare....I went to the post office with a friend once before and it was crazy busy! You see, lines do not exist here and people are free to just push their way through. Privacy is also of no importance and people feel more than welcome to invade your personal space and hear what you are talking about. But to make a long story short, I had a fun time and met some very kind and helpful people. Sure everyone stared at the white girl being escorted around looking at random packages but I was thankful to see the kindness of the people here. Oh yeah, I never did find my package:)
Package ~ I did, however, receive another package from my sweet friend Becca. It had some great treats in it that I was able to put to use the next morning! Thanks Becca!
| Thanks so much for the yummy muffin mix and muffin pan! |
![]() |
| I was concentrating too hard to look at the camera;) |


No comments:
Post a Comment