05 August 2012

Fear and Worry

I have never thought of myself as the bravest person around. Most of my friends and family know I am a little jumpy, to say the least. I hate scary movies and thunder storms and am definitely not a thrill seeker. But I have never really thought of myself as a fearful person or a worrier. However, since coming to South Asia I have struggled with fear, worry, and anxiety more than I ever have in my life. I am learning how to apply truth in this struggle but still have a long way to go.

A few weeks ago I came home from a week away at a language intensive to discover my house was broken into. Yuck! Thankfully nothing of any real value was taken and there was no kind of forced entry. It appears the workers at my house got there hands on a key to a spare door and found there way in. No big deal really. But I was still disturbed knowing someone had been all through my house snooping around. A few days later I had some random electrical problems and my door bell short circuited. I was woken up by it ringing like crazy and then the speaker proceeded to flame up before the breaker blew! Needless to say I was a little startled! Normally I would have just chalked it up to crazy South Asia wiring but after my little break in I was a little more freaked out by the whole thing.

I realize the enemy is trying to use all these circumstances to keep me fearful and untrusting of people. He wants to let fear and worry take root in my heart and keep me from trusting the Father and being effective here. The Spirit continues to remind me of Phil 4 and to only think on things that are true. I would ask that you would lift up this area in my life and ask the Father to help me completely trust him with every area of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment