16 October 2011

Nothing to see people...move along.

I have been in my city for almost 2 weeks, I think...it is really all a blur. I have found an apt and have been trying to set it up for the last week, which is not a quick or easy task. As I have been out and about in my city I have noticed that I, random white person, attract considerable attention and sometimes even a crowd. The surprising thing is how much it actually frustrates me. Somedays I just want to say, "Yes I am white and I'm not from around here" or make a crazy face at them. Other days I am envious of Max, the Marlins 3 year old, who just says "Stop looking at me!" I don't think people would find me as adorable as Max. Random people just walk up to me and ask me where I am from. We have been followed from store to store in the mall and even today we were followed to our taxi! My electrician asked me to pose for a picture to show...well I am not exactly sure who will see it but I smiled nonetheless. I am trying to embrace it and not let it bother me so much and even be thankful that there are plenty of opportunities to talk with people.  Pray I will be patient and gracious and NOT adopt Max's strategy;)

1 comment:

  1. So, I really, really, really would love to catch up with you!!!!! Love you, friend! Hope you sleep well in your new place and asking the Father to fill you up to overflowing with his immeasurable grace!

    ReplyDelete