05 July 2011

A Day in the Life...

So the last two days have been very full of travel stories...
Yesterday my friend Sarah and I traveled all over, and yes I mean ALL OVER, this city trying to get our Iphones unlocked. The first stop was not opened yesterday and the second was way sketch (even for this country). But the Father totally provided a kind girl who helped give directions to the auto driver to get us to the third spot. The driver was so nice and we were able to practice the very limited language we had learned earlier in the morning.  Thankfully the third stop was the charm and we got my phone unlocked and running as well as a nice cup of chai....I am so thankful to the family I used to work for, for giving me their old iphone! It has been a TREMENDOUS help:)

We started off today with a motorcycle ramming the back of our truck, just where I was sitting! The woman got back up and was unharmed but it was very startling, to say the least! Then just a bit later we witnessed about a big truck rear end another truck and begin a domino effect of about 4 trucks. On our way to dinner our taxi broke down on the side of the road and we had to flag down another, and then on the way home we saw yet another motorcycle collision. No one was ever driving very fast and we never saw any injuries but I definitely know that I am not going to try driving just yet!

All in all we had a good day and were able to just laugh through everything....AND we were able to have Chili's for dinner is a nice air-conditioned mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment