So I found out I won't actually be starting language school until next Monday. I was super bummed at first and even a little annoyed because 1)I am ready to get started and develop a daily routine 2) I am getting bored just hanging around my house. But this morning I talked with my sister and was reminded of a couple of things. First, the Father is in complete control..duh. His timing is perfect and he has purposes for having me wait one more week. I want to be able to use this time to rest, abide in the word, and feel more settled in my new country.
The Father used my niece McKinley to remind of another thing...McKinley recently put her faith in JC and publicly professed that yesterday!!! (I am so proud of you McKinley) It was so precious to hear her talk of his love for her and the sacrifice he made. As I have been getting settled here and not had too much to do, I have had plenty of time to think of home and miss people and places. From the other side of the world everything seems better and I think about being there more than here. After I talked with McKinley I thought of all the opportunities she, as a 7 year old, has had to hear the message of the gspl and then I thought of the billion, yes BILLION, people here who have not even had the first opportunity to hear news of their redeemer. How could I possibly want to be anywhere else? Yes I love my home and family and friends but my Lrd's love for the nations is far greater and he has commanded me to go.
Please lift up this divine delay in language learning. Ask that I will use it to rest in him and in his word and continue to have his heart for the people here.
In other news: Because of our delay in language, Amy and I made a spur of the moment trip to the foothills of the Himalayas. It totally makes me think of South Asia's version of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Pictures to come soon:)
No comments:
Post a Comment